From:
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 1996 03:00:51 -0400
Geoff Howell wrote:

> With contributions from Mike Machnik and others, the list
> of BU alumni in head coaching positions is at least eight:
>
> and possibly Paul Cannata (UMass-Boston) -- he's not listed as a
> varsity letterwinner in the BU media guide, but Mike thought he was
> a BU alumnus. Does anybody know for sure? He would break the tie, as
> SLU has eight (see previous post for list).

        I have been busy, so I have not been replying to any e-mails for the
past few weeks (and I'm sure some people think I'm either dead or a
deadbeat :-D  ), so I did not immediately reply on this subject.
Anyway, I am surprised Mike did not mention it, but former Terrier
Wayne Gowing is head coach of Wilfrid Laurier (or do Canadian schools
not count?).  Gowing, Anderson and Cahoon were teammates on the
Terriers' 1970-71 NCAA championship team and their teams were in this
year's Ottawa Tournamnet over Thanksgiving weekend.

        As for Paul Cannata, I believe I recently read something about a BU
alum who is now a head coach, but did not play varsity hockey.  I
could be mistaken, but I think the article was in the Globe and was
about a local college hockey team.

Sean Pickett            E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Go Terriers  1995 NCAA, Hockey East and Beanpot Champions
BU Hockey:  http://www.tiac.net/users/spickett/hockey.html
The Bedford Flag:  http://www.tiac.net/users/spickett/flag.html
But I Digress:  http://www.tiac.net/users/spickett/bid.html