From:
Ralph Slate '91 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ralph Slate '91 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Dec 1995 14:53:24 -0500
I'm looking for a little information on College Hockey trading
cards, and I'd like to give out a little information in return.

In 1994, the NCAA banned member colleges from selling trading
cards depicting current players. Colleges are still able to GIVE
AWAY trading cards, but cannot sell them.

As you can imagine, this stopped a lot of schools from making
trading cards. In fact, I'm aware of only one school making
cards for the 1994-95 season (Minnesota Golden Gophers), and
I don't know of ANY who are making cards this year.

So my basic question is, are any of you out there aware of any
schools who made hockey trading cards for either this season
or last? If you do, could you please e-mail me?

For those of you who are interested in the schools that made
cards in the past, I have a Web site set up with checklists
of all NCAA hockey trading cards (the site also includes minor
league cards, which may be of interest to people since former
NCAA players frequently wind up in these regional sets).

I know I'm missing several NCAA teams (most notable 1984-85
Minnesota-Duluth and 1992-93 Northern Michigan), so I'd
really appreciate it if someone could help me fill in the blanks,
by telling me if there sets out there of which I have no record.

Thanks for any help.

Ralph