From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 1995 00:49:35 -0400
Tony Biscardi writes:
>> Even though I knew this, I completely forgot
>> about the fact that there are so many Canadians on many ECAC/HE teams,
>
>This is NOT meant to start or continue or even state an opinion on
>whether it's better to have Canadians or only US players or only
>people who are 3rd generation hockey players or whatever.
>
>But Hockey East, like the WCHA, is made up of mostly US players.
>It doesn't bother me that schools often have foreign players, but
>it does tick me off when so many people always talk about "all those
>Canadians in Hockey East."

I'll take partial responsibility...I emailed her to say that the
Festival involves US players and that since the ECAC & HE have a good
number of Canadian players, those players would not be eligible - even
though the teams she mentioned as being left out (Clarkson, RPI,
Brown) were good teams.

At any rate, I did not think the intent was to talk about "all those
Canadians in Hockey East"...no big deal.

I do think that if you were to look at the *better* players in HE who
did not make the Festival, a large number of those would have been
Canadians.  But that is probably also true with the other conferences
as well.

>Thank you,
>and I'll get off the nit-picking now.

Yup, it was (nit-picking). :-)  Easy to tell it is the off-season! :-)