From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 1995 18:57:47 -0400
On Thu, 29 Jun 1995, LBD wrote:

> What exactly is the criteria for inviting players to the Olympic
> Festival?  It seems that except for BU and BC and scattered other schools,
> Hockey East and the ECAC are pretty underrepresented.  There's only one
> player from Clarkson, ECAC Champs, none from RPI, ECAC Tournament Champs,
> and none from Brown, Ivy Champs.  Just seems kind of strange to me, but I
> don't know much about the selection process for this.

Some of that has to do with nationality too.. like Maine for example is
under-represented, simply because their best players (Jeff Tory, Dan
Shermerhorn, Blair Allison, Brad Purdie for example) are Canadian.  Since
BU recruits many players from around the Boston area, that would
understandably be why they have more.  While all this to me makes sense,
I don't know this for sure, it's my speculation..

-Deron Treadwell