From:
Keith Instone <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Keith Instone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 May 1995 08:38:28 -0400
>Has BG replaced Miami in the Mariucci
>Classic ??  I understood the field to be UNH, Harvard, Miami, Minn.,
>but this schedule notes UNH-BG in an opening round match.  Can someone
>(Keith ??) confirm what's happened here ?? ....
>
>> Dec.  29   vs. New Hampshire at Mariucci Classic
>>       30   vs. either Minnesota or Harvard

Miami's schedule was wrong--they are not in the Mariucci. I do not know
what happened--I never saw a schedule that had Miami in that tournament
(until the Redskin schedule was posted here).

But I do know that several CCHA teams scheduled more that 4 NC games, just in
case they ended up going to UAF (LSSU, for example). Perhaps Miami did
this; when the league schedule was set and it had Miami hosting UAF and
BG going up there, then they switched the Mariucci invitation. Who knows.

Keith