From:
Scott Monaghan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 19 May 1995 08:37:42 -0500
On Thu, 18 May 1995, Jim Love wrote:

> On Thu, 18 May 1995, Mike Machnik wrote:
> > Parker has a good situation at BU.  I would be surprised if he left
> > that for the turmoil and pressure with Sinden and the Bruins.
>
>   I would tend to agree.  But what about LSSU coach Jackson ??  Greg
> speculated about his candidacy when I spoke with him on the phone last
> night, and I have to admit it makes a certain amount of sense.  He al-
> most left the UP to coach at Hartford, and stepping in with the Bruins
> he'd have his man Lacher in net as the #1 goalkeeper, and Clayton B.
> at Providence just itching to step up and play for JJ again.  Plus the

Jeff is in the process of completing a 5.0 million-dollar renovation of
the Norris Arena;  has a roster loaded with young talent;  is working on
a $150,000 home overlooking Lake Superior;  and,  quite frankly,  doesn't
want to be the next Brian Sutter.  Not to mention the fact that he
doesn't want to watch Lacher's weight yo-yo on a daily basis ever again.

At this stage,  he has no interest in leaving LSSU.  When he does leave,
he will probably become an assistant at the NHL level first.  Jeff's
never been convinced that a successful college coach can just jump into
the NHL and guide a team.  It's a different world with different problems,
which require different techniques and solutions.

Feel free to speculate.  The most important thing on his mind right now
is catching a 40-inch Northern Pike.

Scott Monaghan
Lake Superior State