From:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 11 May 1995 00:39:08 -0400
Howard Quimby recently learned (and shared with the class :-) ):

>        Hockey East will return to a Best-of-Three playoff format this season
>        with games taking place Thursday through Sunday.

This is good. I don't think hockey is well-suited to one game showdowns.

>        Hockey East will once again study the playoff format, but wouldn't
>        commit to the Best-of-Three format for more than 1 year.  (I guess the
>        coaches were trying for a three-year commitment).

Maybe they'll go to best-of-5's. :-) (I can dream, can't I?)

>        Number 9 is out.  There won't be a play-in game between #8 and #9 for
>        the last seed in the HE tourney.

Better! Finally, meaning in the regular season (and the Maine problem of
94 would be avoided). I think this leaves the WCHA as the only league to
allow everybody into their tournament.

>And now for the big one (this will perk up the list)
>
>        The shootout is back!  By a 5-4 vote, the shootout returns for another
>        year.

D'ohh!! They were doing so well. :-) Hopefully one of the five who voted
in favour of the shootout will lose a spot because of shootout losses, and
change their mind. :-)

Does this mean the point system will stay the same?

See you later,
John

--
John C.K. Edwards        Stats Geek, Ottawa Jr Senators (26-25-3 59pts) (CJHL)
Carleton U., Law IV                   I don't give a damn about being liked,