From:
"Mike J. '92" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike J. '92
Date:
Fri, 28 Apr 1995 13:39:21 -0400
Having obtained a copy of the "College Hockey Directory and Yearbook" for
the 1994-95 season, I agree with Bob Jefferson's assessment that this
publication could easily replace Tom Keegan's "College Hockey Guide" as the
authoritative reference manual for college hockey.

Although the timeliness of the publication was a problem this season (as
Bob noted), this guide seems to take Keegan's publication a step further.
It is on 8-1/2x11 paper, which immediately makes it more user-friendly
because of the larger print and better layout possibilities--much like the
directories the NHL and CCHA produce each season. It also includes
interesting information such as geographical and positional breakdowns.
Another plus is the relative dearth of ads (I'm not sure if this was by
design). Instead, there are more pictures of players and coaches.

As with Keegan's guide, the CHD&Y includes info on just about every college
hockey team in the country. For some teams, there was more; for others,
less. Nevertheless, if the production schedule is improved this year, I see
no reason why this directory can't supplant Keegan's as the best source of
information for college hockey devotees.

--Mike J. (Princeton '92)

"Do you do this to someone at every game?"

--The Guy in Section 39, Row 5, Seat 2 at Fenway, not believing that
I'd seen his seat number flashed on the scoreboard to win breakfast for
four at Bickford's (He really did win.)