From:
Geoff Howell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 1995 18:29:54 -0400
This is the U.S. World Championship roster that appeared in this
week's The Hockey News; clearly it is incomplete, given the number
of defensemen. It may not be the best U.S. team ever, but any
squad with Jon Morris is O.K. with me. He can "stickhandle in a
phone booth," as the saying goes.

US

Goal: Pat Jablonski (Houston/IHL), Tim Thomas (Vermont)

Defense: Brett Hauer (AIK Stockholm), Chris Imes (Minn/IHL), Jason McBain
(Springfield/AHL), Tom O'Regan (Preussen, Ger)

Forwards: Craig Charron (Dayton/ECHL), Dave Christian (Minn/IHL), Stan
Drulia (Atl/IHL), Joe Frederick (Adir/AHL), Brad Jones (Spring/AHL),
Jacques Joubert (BU), Mike Knuble (Adir/AHL), Cal McGowan (Worcester/AHL),
Jon Morris (Val Gardena, Italy), Chris O'Sullivan (BU), Mike Pomichter
(Ind/IHL), Jim Storm (Spring/AHL), Chris Winnes (Hershey/AHL)

Schedule:

4/24 vs Austria
4/25 vs Norway
4/26 vs Czech. Republic
4/27 vs Czech. Republic
4/28 vs Sweden
4/30 vs Finland

I assume that one of the Czech. Republic games is a typo on The Hockey
News' part. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Team Canada

Again, a relatively weak entry (due to the late end of the NHL
regular season). Yale fans will be happy to see Peter Allen
and Mark Kaufmann in the lineup.

Goal: Corey Hirsch (Vancouver), Andrew Verner (Cdn Nat'l)

Defense: Peter Allen (Cdn Nat'l), Adrian Aucoin (Syracuse/IHL), Greg
Andrusak (Detroit/IHL), Jamie Heward (Cdn Nat'l), Brad Schlegal (Villach
Austria), Tom Tilley (Ind/IHL), Brian Tutt (Ilves Tampere)

Forward: Jan Alston (Davos), Chris Bright (Cdn Nat'l), Luciano Borsato
(Spring/AHL), John Chabot (Preussen), Iain Fraser (Edmonton), Dan
Hodgson (Davos), Ralph Intranuovo (Cape Bret/AHL), Dane Jackson
(Syr/IHL), Jean-Francois Jomphe (Cdn Nat'l), Mark Kaufmann (Cdn Nat'l),
Dan Kesa (Syr/IHL), Mike Maneluk (Cdn Nat'l), Joel Savage (Cdn Nat'l).

Schedule
4/24 vs Switzerland
4/25 vs France
4/27 vs Germany
4/29 vs Italy
5/1 vs Italy

Again, what's with the schedule? Two against Italy and one fewer
game than the U.S.? What are the agate editors at THN smoking?
Any corrections are appreciated.

Geoff Howell
The Trenton Times
Drop the Puck