From:
Mike Kahn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Kahn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Apr 1995 10:39:17 EDT
In spite of the subject - this does have college hockey content.  I had the
pleasure(?) of watching my first Fox hockey game yesterday between my poor
hapless NY Rangers and the Boston Bruins.  The play by play was being done by
Mike Emrick with John Davidson adding color commentary.  Emrick mentioned
"U.S. college hockey" at least 3 or 4 times, indicating that the Bruins have
13(?) former U.S. collegians on their squad.  He also indicated the former
teams of a couple of players:  Ted Donato and Brian Leetch.  I thought that
this was a *decent* plug - or at least a little bitty baby step in the right
direction.  Doesn't Emrick do the BU games on WABU?  Maybe that's where he
gets his college hockey bent from.
-Mike
Mike Kahn                       "I swear by my life and my love of it, that I
Xyplex Inc.                      will never live for the sake of another man,
Littleton, MA                    nor ask another man to live for mine."
e-mail: [log in to unmask]         -John Galt et al