From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 1995 08:31:23 EDT
>As a loyal Laker hockey fan I find the news that the bell is now available to
>all victorious teams very distressing. Not only should other teams at the
>school start their own victory traditions, the old bell was just replaced.
>Additional usage can only lead to faster deterioration of this new bell.

Hmm, there's a thought.  So the bell will deteriorate faster if more Laker
teams ring it?  Hmm...

Hello, Clarkson Athletic Department?

(for those of you not in the know, Clarkson is the home of "that damn bell"
so-called by Ken Dryden and others.  Many an opposing goalie has been forced
to listen to the thing after a Clarkson score, or during a stoppage in play
-- as I recall, it's right over the net the opponent defends for two periods)

--
Disclaimer -- Unless otherwise noted, all opinions expressed above are
              strictly those of:

Bill Fenwick                        |  Send your HOCKEY-L poll responses to:
Cornell '86 and '94.5               |  [log in to unmask]
LET'S GO RED!!                                                  DJF  5/27/94
"I still remember sitting in a darkened theater with my arm around 17-year-
 old Mary Jo Rasmussen, trying to get to first base.  I can even remember
 the name of the film:  'The Lion King'."
-- Steve Martin, presenting an award at the Oscars