From:
"John H. Pilarski" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 1 Apr 1995 03:42:24 GMT
Mike Collingridge wrote:
Why might it be acceptable to throw hats on the ice and not anything else?
As long as there is a stoppage in play I don't see how throwing hats on
the ice can be viewed any less dangerous to the players than throwing sieves
(unless they are 200 lb ones from MSU), tennis balls (thanks ESPN), or
octopi.

I'm not certain whether you approve of everything being thrown onto the ice,
or whether you disapprove of everything being thrown onto the ice.  If you
are approving of everything, then I stand by what I wrote earlier.  The
thread earlier was saying that it was *really* cool when they hit the goalie.
 After all the talk earlier about the supposed unsportsmanship about a chant,
this has received only mild response, barely any.  So now it's OK to throw
things at a goalie, but don't say anything to him?
Give me a break.  And now back to ZAMBONI-L.