From:
Chuck Sackett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chuck Sackett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 1995 09:48:00 C
Y'know, I really want this crap to end, but since the shots keep flying at
Wisconsin, I keep feeling the need to defend.  I apologize to those of you
that don't appreciate this ongoing battle.  When the shots are taken
publicly, I feel the need to respond publicly.

>What made me mad about the UW fans was when they did the sieve chant at
>Bach after they scored the winning goal in OT. Come on you cheeseheads!
>You won the game! Show some class. You don't have to kick you opponent
>when they're down.

Get the point.  Why SIEVE all of the other goals, but not the game-winner?
It's not meant to ridicule, it's just done in the spirit of the game and the
excitement of the moment.  Like the CC fans wouldn't have been jumping around
and celebrating if they had won.  Please stop with the Wisconsin bashing.
Wisconsin is like every other team. . . .they've got their share of jerk
fans, but the majority are good people out to have a fun time.  Not to harass
and ridicule the opponent.  Just leave it alone and stop arguing about
something that you don't have first-hand knowledge of (i.e. why we SIEVE).

>UW fans are always going to be like this however, so what's the point of
>arguing?

And there's another shot.  You don't look any more sportsmanlike than the
people you accuse.

Chuck
ON WISCONSIN!!!
Good luck to all 12 teams.  See some of you guys in Madtown.