From:
"John H. Pilarski" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 1995 05:06:25 GMT
>I've always heard that the tournament champs were the champs, while the
>regular season champs got the modifier.  After all, the tournament champs
>always got the automatic bid, while the regular season champs just started
>getting one this year.  Any of you types who work for the leagues know what
>the rule is?  Or is there one?

I don't agree.  If that were true, then why bother with the NCAA
championships, the same thing applies.
It becomes a problem when teams don't feel like they have anything to play
for (like BU and Maine, maybe).  But this is the time of the year when teams
should be peaking, and these tournaments *do* mean something.  They are a
prelude to the big dance.