From:
Jayson Moy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jayson Moy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 1995 02:59:06 GMT
In article <[log in to unmask]>,
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>Just got thru watching the tape delay replay of the RPI victory over
>Princeton (felt almost as good as when I read the post!) .... and I
>noticed Kelly Askew was hurt for the game.  Maybe this was covered, but I
>missed it. Can anybody confirm what the injury is, when it was suffered,
>and whether he'll be able to play Fri?

On Friday Kelly slightly sprained his knee.  On Saturday during the skate, he
could not even skate, therefore he was not in the game.

On Monday he skated, but still felt pain.

He is what I believe is probable (in football terms) for Friday.

>  BTW, his replacement (some guy
>with a last name that begins with a K and has almost no vowels in it ---
>no flames please, my wife is Polish!) I thought did a commendable job, had
>two real good shots at a goal....

Ken Kwasniewski.  Senior Walk-on from West Seneca, NY.  His father also
is a graduate of RPI (as are a lot of his family aas well as alumnae of
Russell Sage).  He did have a good game, and one shot you mentioned was
his breakaway (which I embarrassingly called a goal on the air and then had
to check myself) which hit the crossbar.

BTW, Mike Foligno (color guy on the ESN feed) said, "I saw the name
Kwasniewski and I knew he was from Buffalo" (West Seneca is a suburb of
Buffalo).  Perhaps one of the only things Foligno knew.....
* Jayson Moy  RPI '89 '93  *  One of the Voices of Rensselaer Engineer      *
* [log in to unmask]             *  Hockey, Baseball, Football, and Basketball    *
* The "Asian Invasion"     *  on Crystal Clear 91.5FM  WRPI, Troy *EASM*    *