From:
Alan Harder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alan Harder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 1995 08:07:27 -0500

 > Hi all!!

 > Once again my team has proven themselves that they can win the CCHA
 > championship.

Correction: Michigan won the CCHA championship.  LSSU won the
postseason tournament.  That makes LSSU the CCHA Tournament champions,
not the CCHA champions.  It also is much less impressive to me.
Winning the regular season means you have to play excellent hockey
throughout the season.  Winning the postseason tournament means you
have to get good/lucky for a very short period of time.

 > I am proud of Lake State's ability to come back from
 > being behind and win the title. I just had to gloat about it.

Gloat away, LSSU did a great job in the 2nd half of the season, and
they won when they absolutely had to.

 > I do not like it when Lake State gets bashed on this list serv

I don't really remember any Lake State bashing on this list.  Can you
repost some examples?

 > I feel as though they are always the underdogs and they are never the
 > champs but now they are the division champs and they will be the national
 > champs again this year.

1. They are not division champs, they are postseason tourney champs.
2. Stating that they will win the NCAA playoffs as if it were fact
   instead of opinion wins no friends, and is known as "woofing."

 > I know that they can do it. I have faith in
 > them if no one else does. I appreciate a team like them that worked
 > through their difficulties and came back to win. Thanks for
 > listening to me vent.

I have no idea why you needed to vent.  Perhaps the voices you heard
ragging on LSSU were the voices of their own fans earlier in the
season when things weren't looking too good?

 > Colleen [log in to unmask]

-Alan Harder
 Go Blue!