From:
John Zack <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Zack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 1995 13:34:49 -0500
Ralph Slate wrote:

> I say that the ECAC's should be returned to Boston Garden; sure,
> we'll be in Hockey East's shadow, but now all the big press
> goes to Boston and leaves the ECAC to be all alone in the snow.
> And I really can't stand the Empire Cable Network's broadcasts
> (they do the TV coverage). NESN is _much_ better. And how
> can you beat one of the largest cities in the country for
> a cultural experience; Boston, and the new Garden, is the way
> to go in the future.

I have to agree with you about the Lake Placid experience but I think
Albany is the most logical site for the ECAC tournament.  It has a
fine facility (the "Knick"), plenty of nearby parking, a variety
of restaurants & hotel accomdations within easy access of the Knick
and it is near the geographic center of schools in the ECAC.  It
also doesn't have the congestion and other hassles of a big city
such as Boston.  Admittedly, it doesn't have the cultural diversity
of Boston, but we are talking about two days of hockey not a Socialogy
field trip.

John Zack
Troy, NY
Cornell '77 '81