From:
Pam Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Oct 1991 09:56:39 CDT
Now we're really off the college hockey theme, but as long as we're
all starving for hockey news I'll add my two cents to the "Romance
at Hockey Games" theme.  A few years back it was kind of a fashionable thing
to do to propose via the scoreboard at a North Stars' game.  There were
several such proposals at Met Center in the early '80's.  One variation
was when someone proposed by putting a sign on the Zamboni between the
first and second periods.  (I'm not sure, it may have been the Zamboni
driver proposing.)  Between the second and third periods there was a
sign on the Zamboni that said "She said yes!!!"

Pam Sweeney
Go Gophers!!!
Go Twins, AL West Champs!!!