From:
John Grover <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 1991 09:44:13 EDT
On Oct 1 1991 at 13:41:05 you wrote:

>Where will Maine be practicing?  Will it be the same place every day?

Maine has been practicing at Sockalexis arena which is owned and
operated by the Penobscot Indian Nation on nearby Indian Island.
This involves busing the team over and back for practices and of
course they are practicing on ice they may never play a game on.
I've never skated at Sockalexis, but I understand the ice is
pretty good there. As a venue for games though, the seating is
very limited. It is going to be doubly interesting to see what
happens if Alfond isn't ready because part of the reason for the
expansion is to allow the basketball teams to play there too. Of
course we die hard hockey fans don't really care what happens to the
b-ball people, and kind of wish they wouldn't impinge on our
beloved arena... ;-)
get sig sig