From:
lesley bricker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
lesley bricker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Feb 1995 23:23:30 -0500
  I figured I would get into the Hobey discussion since everyone else
is.Of course my opinions will be biased because I am a BG fan,but please
don't hold it against me!
  I've seen Brian Holzinger in every home game this season(except the
series vs.Fairbanks and a few games on the road and he is the most well
rounded player I have ever seen(and I've seen
Blake,Emerson,B.Morrison,D.Oliver, Smolinski,etc).The guy is awesome
offensively,he can get back and play defense if needed,he is a great
forechecker and backchecker,and also isn't afraid to step in and get
physical.On many occassions I've seen Brian score and I've had to turn to
the person next to me and ask how the hell he did that.During the NHL
lockout,Buffalo Sabre head coach John Muckler and a Sabre scout attended
a BG vs. Michigan State(I believe) game and Holzinger put on a show for
Mr.Muckler.After seeing brian score a breakaway shorthanded goal,I saw
Mr.Muckler turn to the scout and say Holy S**t!He was obviously
impressed.But the greatest thing about Holzinger is that he is as classy
off the ice as he is on the ice.I've seen him with children and he is
very personable.When talking to the media,he never boasts about
himself.He is always saying "We", and not "I".Brian is also very good
academically as he has been a member of the CCHA Academic team.I believe
he was on the deans list last semester(in business?marketing?)I strongly
feel that he deserves the Hobey Baker award and that he will be a great
Buffalo Sabre.If the Hobey jinx is real(winners not making it in the
NHL),I kindof hope he doesn't win it as I feel he will be a great player
in the big leagues.Hopefully he can do both,he deserves it.

Holzinger for Hobey Baker!!!