From:
Jim Love <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 20 Feb 1995 19:43:54 -0500
On Mon, 20 Feb 1995, Ralph Slate '91 wrote:
> I just received my set of Richmond Renegades (ECHL) cards in the mail
> today. I was amazed at the number of former college players in the set.
> I think it must be some kind of record.

  [list snipped]

  Some of this may have to do with the fact that one of the principal
owners of the Richmond franchise is ex-Clarkson Golden Knight Craig
Laughlin, who (as many of you know) logged many years with the Washington
Capitals in the NHL.  And this morning's "Post" reports that 38 year-old
ex-UNH star defenseman Rod Langway, Laughlin's retired former teammate on
the 'Caps, was also offered a contract with the Renegades this week !!
I guess those over-35 Leagues just weren't challenging enough .... :-)

  Cheers from Maryland - Jim

  Go Blue !!!!