From:
"Jeffrey M. Beyer" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 13 Feb 1995 23:13:19 EST
--- Jimmy Page is GOD wrote:

        I guess Jeff managed to miss the Dartmouth boys attrocious
        behavior at the Houston Field House when RPI pummeled the big
        green into submission (I believe the final score was 9 to 4 even
        though Masotta was in goal) two weeks earlier.

        The many cheap shots and attempts at injury at the end of the game
        committed by the green boys were a blight on what would have been
        an extremely enjoyable game of hockey with stellar performances by
        a wide variety of RPI players (even a hat trick for Mr. O'Conner).

        If people intend to bad mouth other people's teams they should first
        check their facts and not go making insulting remarks ( Those in
        glass houses, etc...).
--- end of quoted material ---

Allow me to apologize.
I did fail to note that Dartmouth vented their frustration against RPI two
weekends ago.

J. Page is God does have a good point; but as for whether or not this justifies
the actions of Mr. Masotta, I highly doubt that.

There was a difference, in my opinion, between the actions of the Dartmouth
players at the end of the game in RPI and Masotta's trip this past weekend.

Granted, Dartmouth hit after the whistle but the players they hit were at least
on the ice.
There is a difference between hitting after the whistle and hitting after the
period is over.

Masotta went looking for a specific player after the period was over and
tripped him while his back was turned.

Both instances were uncalled for, but as to whether or not the Dartmouth
incident 2 weekends ago provided an excuse for Masotta to trip a player whose
back was turned after the period was over, I highly doubt.

Two wrongs don't make a right, I believe they said back in kindergarten.

Jeff Beyer
Dartmouth College