From:
Steven Klein <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steven Klein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Feb 1995 18:17:56 PST
I think this is a cool tradition. It's certainly far
less goofy than other practices that have become acceptable (octopus on the
ice, anyone?)

It's taunting. Look for the league to ban the practice.

I think your sense of things is colored by the fact that Michigan State lost
to a historically-awful school that Spartan faithful may have wanted to
look past (trust me, I feel almost the same way after the Falcons' debacle
in Sault Sainte Marie).

Believe me, no one looks past Miami anymore. They won the league two years ago
and Gwozdecky built a terrific program at a terrific school. The Spartans knew
exactly who they were playing and what they were up against.

As for ``bush league,'' the Spartans are members of the same league. In
the grand scheme of things, all of college hockey is pretty bush league.
Dumping on Miami for this is  pretty uncool, especially when you can't beat
them on the ice. I'm sure we could find some bush league tradition up at Munn.

If you think college hockey is bush league, you might try another list.
Most of us on this one kinda like the game, eh?

It's worth noting that this may be the first time in history that a pair
of Ohio schools have ranked so highly in the CCHA so late in the season.

The polls ought to be very interesting this week.