From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Feb 1995 16:46:41 -0500
Hi again..

Don't worry, I took no offense to someone disagreing with me especially in
this instance.  If I was a MSU fan, and that happened, I'd be going crazy,
and like G.M. I'd be probally pretty damn pissed off.  This "tradition" is
intriguing, and is one of the things that makes college hockey interesting.
Every school has them, some may be more appropriate then others.  Miami is
not going to stop their tradition just because MSU feels bad that they got
swept in their barn.  Someone could make the argument that when you host
Miami, you should "expect" that it will happen if you lose.  So maybe it
does make Miami look like sore winners, and poor sports.  Taken at face
value, YES it is taunting, but I think taunting goes on in every rink, maybe
just not as visable as it was last night.  But by MSU going after them, it
brings them down to their level, and it really doesn't make one worse than
the other.  I honestly just think that teams should take out their
frustrations like that on the ice next time they play.  Maybe people here
condone fighting, that is your right, I personally don't and neither does
the NCAA.

Deron  Treadwell - [log in to unmask]
The University of Maine (25-2-6)  GO BLUE!!
The "Magic" Point Total is 15 and counting!