From:
Brian Gentry <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brian Gentry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Feb 1995 14:25:02 -0500
Hello,

Even though I'm a BU fan it is good to see another BC fan on the list.

Taylor could very well be the best in HE.  His poor stats are partially due
to the fact that BC's defense is just plain horrible.  Stopping 60 of BU's
65 shots was pretty impressive.  I think Herlofsky, Allison, Noble, and Heinke
can be favorably compared to Taylor.

BC seems to be turning it around but they still have far to go.  They beat
Providence twice, but who cares?  I think Pooley is a good coach, but he has
hardly any talent to work with and no goaltending.  Beating Lowell was pretty
good, but Lowell is a team in a tailspin losing their last four in blowouts.
Also, Harvard is not even close to the team it was last year, and BC just
squeaked by them.  So while winning four in a row may be good, the caliber
of competition was not good enough to make it truly impressive.

Even though I feel that BU is significantly better than BC, Monday's game could
be very close.  It's the Beanpot after all!

Brian Gentry BU'95
Go Terriers!
Bring the Beanpot Home!