From:
"Ralph N. Baer" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ralph N. Baer
Date:
Thu, 2 Feb 1995 06:19:47 -0500

and then Bill Fenwick wrote:

>A couple of follow-up posts on hockey3 have indicated that this is more
>of a scheduling agreement than a full-blown fifth Div. I conference.  The
>teams will play one game against each other and conference "standings" will
>be kept, but all the teams involved (except for Army) have ties to other
>Div. III conferences, and they are not expected to break those ties.

I wonder why these schools would set up this conference and then play
only a single round robin.  This would mean that they were playing five
games against other Div-I schools and would still need another 15 to be
eligible for the NC$$ Div-I tournament.  Besides for Army, none of
these teams will be coming close to the 20-game minimum, so why form
this conference unless the schools have visions of expanding the number
of games within the conference in the future?

Ralph Baer
RPI '68, '70, '74