From:
Tony Biscardi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Biscardi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Feb 1995 22:09:28 -0500
Having watched the Vermont-RPI game on TV, I would have to *STRONGLY* disagree
that Perrin took any kind of dive.

The cross-check to the back of his head when he was celebrating was without
doubt the cheapest shot I have seen this year.

The RPI player (#10, I believe) should be lucky that he is allowed to play
at all.  (And I like RPI!)

I was more in shock when it happened, and watching it 5-10 times on replay
(While Perrin was being attended to), Perrin clearly had his arms up in the
air and was just starting to turn up ice near the corner when the cross-check
hit him right in the neck/helmet.

The ECAC should seriously review that one.

I realize that at the game it can happen so fast that it may have not looked
as bad, but watch it if you can... so far, it wins "cheap-shot of the year."

Tony  BU'92'93
Former Ogre

PS - I like RPI, it's just that particular incident that I felt was disgusting.