From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jan 1995 23:26:52 -0500
>First off, Maine had been very impressive this season, blowing away all
>preseason predictions.  After Saturday, does Maine deserve to be ranked
>#1? I don't know.  Michigan and BU plead strong cases.

Me neither... as a biased Maine fan.. but as was pointed out further down in
this text, both Maine and BU have the same # of "non-wins", and since BU as
yet to defeat Maine this year.. it would be hard for me to swallow BU being
ranked above them.  Sure there is a case, but a tie is not a loss.  They are
both great teams regardless.  Maybe I place more value on head-to-head then
the pollsters??  I don't know if Maine should be #1, probally not till they
get back on the winning track again..

>Maine has the best shot at winning Hockey East, but BU is very close.

As any Maine fan will tell you.. nothing is guarenteed!  We all cheered for
San Diego yesterday.. we figured if UMass could do it, why not? <smile>

| DERON TREADWELL - [log in to unmask] |
|         University of Maine (22-2-6)       |
|     1994 Great Western Freezeout Champs!   |
|        1995 RPI Invitational Champs!       |