From:
Trudy DeGraff <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Trudy DeGraff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jan 1995 17:12:42 GMT
I have been seeing many postings in regard to the contest to change the
nickname of RPI's teams from the Engineers to ???  It seems that the
administration, including President Pipes and numerous members of the
coaching staff do not like the name Engineers.  (I for one - very much like it
and think that it nicely signifies the rich history of RPI. I have also
forwarded this opinion to Kerry Quinn, the person heading up the name change
committee.)  If you have any comments - especially suggestions for a nickname,
you can e-mail them to the RPI athletic department committee at
Also, please keep spreading the word to other RPI students, alumni, faculty
and staff!

Trudy Ann DeGraff
A Non-Engineering Alum
RPI '76