From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Aug 1991 18:27:34 EDT
Mike writes:
>               Students at Merrimack can get in free if they present
>their id at the ticket office prior to the day of the game and pick up a
>ticket.  I don't think any other HE school does that, but it's a carryover
>from Merrimack's DivII days.

That practice apparently was not limited to Division II or III schools.
Students at Brown can also attend home games free of charge with a valid ID,
or at least they could last year.  I don't know whether that has always been
the policy or if students were at some point given the free ride in an
attempt to boost sagging attendance figures.  The latter is definitely a
possibility -- Brown had some BAD teams in the '80s.
--
Bill Fenwick
Cornell '86

"One woman broke up with me because, she told me, I was insecure.  I thought,
 'Great, THIS is gonna help.'"
-- Jeff Stilson