From:
"Paul A. Vescio" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul A. Vescio
Date:
Thu, 12 Jan 1995 16:32:42 GMT
In Article <[log in to unmask]>,
[log in to unmask] (Tony Buffa) wrote:
>A query for someone who saw this game.  Just saw a posting saying that the
>Colgate goalie made 49 saves, high for the year in ECAC.  Yet the RPI
>people described the game as very similar to that in Princeton.  How can a
>team get "blown out" like RPI appeared to have been against Colgate and
>yet get 49 shots on goal?  Are we talking "shot inflation" like "assist
>inflation" or what?  Keep in mind this comes from someone who has not seen
>a live college game in over 30 years!  At least the Ducks and Kings will
>reappear on the tube in a week or so.  If the rain doesn't let up here, I
>won't be able to get there in person even if I wanted to!!

Shot inflation is the best description that I could give.  When the saves
were announced after each period it seemed like everyone in the stands had
the same look- What game is the scorer watching.  Most of these shots were
petty, slow or  clearing passes.
Paul A. Vescio
Biology Dept.
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute

!!New York Rangers  Stanley Cup Champions 1994!!