Date:
Thu, 12 Jan 1995 09:03:49 CST
     Just one point before I give my opinion.  (J.D., I'm surprised that
     you missed it), the Lakers lost to UW in the Badger Showdown, not the
     Mariucci Classic which is Minnesota's holiday tourney.

     Unfortunately for me, I missed the Showdown this year, but I did see
     LSSU play in the Final 4 last year in Minneapolis.  IMO Blaine Lacher
     was the heart of that team last year.  He not only played good, but
     the team seemed to feed off of him.  When he got hot, so did the rest
     of the team.

     I think that he is going to be to hard to replace.

This team is a second half team, traditionally, and after a
championship game loss to Wisconsin in the Marriucci Classicand a tie
against national power Michigan State, the Lakers seemed poised to make
a bid for themselves to be one of the lucky 16. What do you think?
(negative opinions accepted but not preffered)