From:
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jan 1995 08:45:00 -0700
A query for someone who saw this game.  Just saw a posting saying that the
Colgate goalie made 49 saves, high for the year in ECAC.  Yet the RPI
people described the game as very similar to that in Princeton.  How can a
team get "blown out" like RPI appeared to have been against Colgate and
yet get 49 shots on goal?  Are we talking "shot inflation" like "assist
inflation" or what?  Keep in mind this comes from someone who has not seen
a live college game in over 30 years!  At least the Ducks and Kings will
reappear on the tube in a week or so.  If the rain doesn't let up here, I
won't be able to get there in person even if I wanted to!!

Tony Buffa
RPI '64, Univ of Illinois '66 and '69

Go Engineers!!