From:
Alan Harder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alan Harder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jan 1995 13:56:56 -0500

 >      With the NCAA tournament coming up, everyone is pulling for
 > his or her favorite team to "go to the show".  I am pulling on
 > behalf of Lake Superior State University, even though at first look
 > their record does not warrant support.  This team is a second half
 > team, traditionally, and after a championship game loss to
 > Wisconsin in the Marriucci Classicand a tie against national power
 > Michigan State, the Lakers seemed poised to make a bid for
 > themselves to be one of the lucky 16.  What do you think?
 > (negative opinions accepted but not preffered)

I think that LSSU must take at least one game from UM this weekend, or
preferably both (from an LSSU point of view, not mine), and then only
lose at most 8 more times for the rest of the year, or they won't get
in.  Regardless, I think this weekend's series will show one way or
the other how good LSSU will be for the rest of the year.

By the way, I don't consider them the "lucky" 16, but the "deserving"
16, although CC fans may tend to disagree somewhat.

-Alan Harder
 Go Blue!

The above commentary, which does not *even* represent the opinion of
the American Mathematical Society, is sold by weight, not by volume.
Some settling of the contents may have occurred during shipping.