From:
Arthur Berman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 20 Dec 1994 07:33:23 -0700
I think my comments in an earlier posting about the cutting of Brett
Lindros from the Canadian Junior team applies to Ralph's comments.  The
"level" of play in college hockey is subject to definition.  If we define
what calibre of hockey we are seeing solely in terms of how many players
make the NHL we are missing the mark.

Ralph also mentioned how many players don't make the NHL because they are
too small.  I am really looking forward to the Junior tournament because
I expect to see skating, passing, speed, the things I love about the
game, not WWF on skates.

I do not see any college hockey in person these days.  Although I lived
in Boston until 1990 I always felt I never saw a better team than the
1970-71 BU Terriers.  How much of this is nostalgia for my student days
who can say?  In any event, if this is to begin a discussion on the level
or calibre of today's college hockey we will need to define our terms
before engaging in the discussion.

Arthur Berman   [log in to unmask]
GO BU!!!