From:
Comstrike <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Comstrike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Nov 1994 20:39:41 -0500
Hmmmmmmm, a person from Clemson telling us about schools talking about
schools trying to squeeze money out of their teams.....

Anyway if we actually make money out of flying all the way up to Alaska
Fairbanks I would be flabbergasted, stunned, shocked, and otherwise
suprised.  If we traveled to Alaska Fairbanks during the semester I would
be seriously "displeased."  However we don't, and we don't.  Remember
that the teams travel to Alaska during breaks in the school year, not
during the middle of classes.  As to making money I don't see where
Alaska Fairbanks could afford to pay other CCHA teams what it costs to go
there, and even spliting revenue from the game would not cover the cost.
Universities such as OSU, ND, UM, MSU, etc, etc have large enough budgets
to afford to send teams, as do the other member schools.  Beyond that
lets face it, does not seem to me that Alaska Fairbanks brings in huge
crowds that would make bringing them down here worth it.  Frankly I think
one coule make a better claim that it isn't fair of Universities to risk
the lives of the team by making fly on some of these airlines nowadays!  :)