From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Nov 1994 16:40:33 -0500
Folks, all this discussion on the seawolf, its purported existence and
relative size to other mascots, is exactly why I initially declined to
post the "WCHA Standings by Team Mascot Size" when encouraged to do so
by Charlie and Erik.  I knew it would lead to something like this. :-)

Since the UAA Seawolf is a fictional creature, I deemed its size to be
nil, and thus placed it at the bottom of the rankings.  That was the
reasoning behind that...nothing more, nothing less.

Now, I don't know what the heck I would do with the ECAC, which has 3
teams with colors for nicknames... :-)

Obligatory college hockey info: tonight's meeting between BU and
Harvard at Harvard marks the first time in four seasons that the
Crimson have hosted the Terriers.  The last time, BU won 4-0 (11/20/90).
Without a BU media guide on hand at work, I can only add that the teams'
last meeting at Bright Center came at least prior to 1986-87, meaning
that Harvard hopes to break an 8-year-plus home scoreless streak against
their crosstown and interconference rivals.  7 pm ET on NESN.  Enjoy.