From:
Dave Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Nov 1994 09:39:04 EST
Mike pointed out that Bousquet, who originally intended to go to Maine and
was talked about in glowing terms, instead has gone to Dalhousie.  Does anyone
know what caused the change?  The original "signing" of Bousquet by Maine was
conditional upon eligibility based on NC$$ approval and SATs so the most
obvious speculation would be that something went wrong in terms of eligibility.
Either that or Bousquet had some change of heart.  I'd find it hard to believe,
based on Maine's original ardor, that they backed out for anything other than
an eligibility question.

Here is what was originally mentioned:

> Montreal's Bousquet, a 5-foot-11, 150-pounder, registered 76 goals and
> 76 assists in 58 games for Penticton of the British Columbia Junior
> Hockey League.  He was chosen the MVP in the Interior Division.  His 32
> power-play goals broke Brett Hull's previous league record of 31.

> "Dany has great hands and great hand-eye coordination," said Penticton
> Coach-General Manager Garry Davidson.  "He's a magician with the puck
> and is very talented in and around the net.  He's also very strong on
> his skates and isn't scared to bang into people."

> Maine assistant Grant Standbrook said, "Dany could stand nose-to-nose
> with a goalie and roof the puck on him."

DaveH