From:
"Dr. Tim Newman" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dr. Tim Newman
Date:
Mon, 7 Nov 1994 09:53:27 -0600
I don't believe that Saturday's UAH - U Mass-Dartmouth score has
been reported yet.

The Chargers of Alabama-Huntsville defeated the Corsairs of UMass-Dartmouth
before a crowd of 1800+ by a score of 10-2.  The Chargers blitzed the UMD
net both Friday and Saturday nights, forcing the Corsair goalies to handle
over 50 shots each night.  Friday night, I thought that the Corsairs came
out a little flat and as the game wore on, they seemed to tire.  On Saturday,
the Corsairs came out of the gates playing much better, but they
seemed to loose confidence when they were unable to score in the opening
period and found themselves down 2-0 at the end of 20 minutes.  UAH
shelled the Corsair net with over 20 shots in the next frame and opened
a wide lead.

The Player of the Series award was made to Charger defenseman Taso
Safokitis (apologies if I have the spelling wrong), who had a number of assists
and (I believe) a pair of goals.

Next up for UAH is a trip to Elmira College.

Tim Newman