From:
"Andrew M. Ross" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andrew M. Ross
Date:
Tue, 1 Nov 1994 11:07:04 -0500
I'm the News Editor of The Triangle, Drexel University's student-run
newspaper. As you may already know, Drexel has a pretty decent ACHA
Division II club hockey team. I had a few questions about the ACHA and
thought that maybe someone on this list would be able to help me out.

1) How does the ACHA regulate its teams? Specifically, does it have
   NCAA-style rules (i.e., recruitment, 'lack of institutional control,'
   etc.) and does it have NCAA-style sanctions (i.e., 'death penalty,'
   probation, etc.)?

2) Does the NCAA have any jurisdiction at all over the club teams of a
   Division I school? Does a varsity player's violation of a club sport's
   rules affect his Division I status at all?

3) Does anyone have a phone number for the ACHA so that I can check this
   stuff out with them directly?

Any and all information will be appreciated... Thanks...

Andrew Ross, News Editor, The Triangle