From:
Indulis R Rutks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Indulis R Rutks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Oct 1994 23:16:19 -0500
On Fri, 21 Oct 1994, Rob Holmes wrote:

> The home opener for the Badgers should be a good one tonight as Denver visits
> the newly remodeled Dane County Colesium (including the larger ice surface).
> I am looking foreward to seeing Denver's goaltender Sinuhe Wallinheimo
 perform.
> I saw him last year at a St. Cloud home game and he played to the crowd pretty
> well.  Today's Wisconsin State Journal had a little snipit about his antics
 and
> I was wondering if anyone who saw him play last year can tell a few of the
> antics he has become semifamous for?

Following are some excerpts from an article published in the Minnesota
Daily, Nov. 22, 1993:

Headline: U six split
Publish Date: 11/22/1993

By David Jackson

<W0I>Staff Reporter

The results of this weekend's goaltending contest are now in.

Denver's Sinuhe Wallinheimo wooed the judges with his flamboyance;
Minnesota's Jeff Callinan impressed with his discourse, and his
fellow Gopher Jeff Moen scored points with the difficulty of his
stunts.

[ Non-Wallinheimo stuff deleted]

Wallinheimo had 50 saves Friday night in a game the Gophers dominated
but could not win.

But it was the sideshow the sophomore from Vantaa, Finland, conducted
that left his mark on this night.

Wallinheimo held up the puck for the crowd to see after each save,
exhorted the fans to heckle him more loudly, and even pointed at his
counterpart Callinan when the fans riddled Wallinheimo with the chant
of ``Sieve!''

``The crowd turns me on,'' Wallinheimo said. ``In Finland we don't
have crowds like that.''

When the game ended, Callinan skated to the other end of the ice to
inform Wallinheimo that, in Mariucci Arena, goalies don't behave like
that.

``I told him I enjoyed his little sideshows,'' Callinan said. ``He
had a great game. But he came into our building, and I don't think
what he did was appropriate.''

[ Remainder of article deleted ]