From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 29 Sep 1994 10:34:35 -0400
WEEI-590AM reported this morning that former NHL center Barry
Pederson has been added to the Boston College hockey program as an
assistant.

Pederson, who just retired, had several great years in Boston and then
was the guy who was traded circa 1986 to Vancouver for a guy named Cam
Neely (and a first round pick that became Glen Wesley, later to become
3 #1 picks).  Unfortunately, Pederson was never able to regain the
touch he had in Boston and played for the Canucks and several other
teams before his decision to retire.

Also, the latest Hockey East composite that I have shows BC hosting
New Brunswick in an exhibition on Sun 10/16/94, the day after NB plays
at BU.

As of now, I have four of the 9 HE teams listed as playing exhibitions;
if anyone knows whether Maine, Mass Amherst, New Hampshire, Northeastern,
or Providence are playing EX's, please let me know.  All of these teams
seem to have the weekend of 10/15 open.

It's interesting to me that almost as a whole, Eastern teams who start
off with Canadian schools count these games as EX's, while Western
teams, specifically the CCHA, include these games in their records.  The
Eastern teams could do this too; I can only guess the difference is in
how teams approach the games - Merrimack will dress about 25 players
for its EX with Concordia going by past performances, for example.  If
it was a "real" game, they'd have to stick with 18 and 3 goalies.
<<<<< Color Voice of the Merrimack Warriors (station TBA for 94-95) >>>>>