From:
Dave Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 19 Sep 1994 09:27:31 EST
Mike wrote:

>Just a quick thought - I am sure it wasn't intended to sound this way,
>but I could almost hear all the management majors out there growling
>at this. :-)

>I don't think it's that unusual for a majority of any team's players
>to be mgmt/business majors, when an examination of the college majors
>across the country would likely show that most students do major in
>those areas.  It is, I agree, unusual for a hockey player to excel
>both in hockey and in an area like engineering, and that's what Juneau
>should be commended for.  I feel the same way about any player who
>chooses mgmt for a major and excels in that, though.

You're absolutely right, Mike.  I didn't mean to come off saying that a degree
in management was worthless, although it could be perceived that way, and
therefore I apologize to anyone who might have been offended.  I should have
pointed out that even though the management major is widely considered an easy
or "joke" major around the RPI campus (at least when I was there, which wasn't
_too_ long ago :-) ), it is actually a nationally recognized program with many
outstanding graduates.

You're right in that the main point is that Joey has something to fall back on
after the NHL.

Dave / RPI '91
LET'S GO RED!!