From:
Carol Singer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carol Singer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Sep 1994 08:23:05 -0400
You RPI fans would be interested in the article the Washington Times had
about Joe Juneau last Saturday.  He recently signed a 4-year, $8.2
million deal with the Washington Capitals.  The articles talks about the
Capitals plans for Juneau, but also talks about his flying.  He spent a
lot of time this summer flying his amphibious plane to scout out a likely
lake near home and then go fishing.

He and his father are building a plane.  Juneau said, "It's going to be
ready next summer.  A two-passenger.  It's not that complicated.  You buy
a blueprint and cut the metal yourself and maybe have somebody do the
welding for you.  But most of it isn't that hard.  My next step after
that is going to be to design my own plane and build it."  As you can
see, he isn't letting his RPI degrees go to waste.

Carol