From:
Jon Greene <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jon Greene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Sep 1994 16:07:07 EST
Sorry for the delay in posting this....but I've been out of town.

RPI's mystery former recruit Tom Buckley is in the Whalers' camp and is off to a
strong start.  After the first two rookie games, he was leading the newcomers
with three goals....including two in a 7-0 rout of the Rangers' rookies.  Given
his size and the relative lack of size on the Engineers his loss could be more
significant than it first appeared (on the other hand, it's not as if we lost
Carey and Fairchild in a single day like Wisconsin).

Buckley was an 8th round pick of the Whale in the recent draft.  Hey....do you
think that the Whalers being owned by Harvard wing Jason Karmanos' father had
anything to do with this?  Hmm............. :-)

Jon

P.S. Former Clarkson goalie Jason Currie is also in the Whalers' camp and played
half of the contest against the Rangers.  The Whale could certainly use a young
goalie to bring along while Sean Burke's body degenerates.  Currie may have
found himself an ideal situation.