From:
Bob Gilreath <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Gilreath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Sep 1994 11:38:35 -0400
Thanks for that recap Mike.  again thanks to Wayne for everything.
I really can't remember when I came online, but since I did, I have
had the oppurtunity as a network engineer here to be instrumental
in getting our SDC and Hockey office online on our network.  The AD,
Coaches and SID are all now on Hockey-l from MTU. If you all notice
that I nolonger hammer on Bob Mancini on the list, there's your reason!
;-)  Just kidding Bob!

Mike mentioned the side benefit of meeting his wife here, and I just want to
mention what I think has developed into the most important side benefit for
my family and I from Hockey-l.  That is the friends we have made in cities
around the college hockey world.  Hockey-l has made it possible to travel
to an out of town game, and be made to feel right at home by the local
hockey-l reps at those games.  I have gotten together with folks at
Minn (yea carol, erik, paula, pam etc) who have made me feel welcome both on
and off hockey season when ever I visit.  Folks at NMU and I (Steve Christopher)
have traded extra seats each year so we don't get stuck into the bad seats
opponents get.  Duluth, LSSU, WISC, have all been great times due to
hockey-l people.  Lets not forget those great gatherings at the finals
(once again thanks Carol for last years effort!)  This in my opinion
has been the top benefit of Hockey-l, sometimes it seems the exchange of
data and info on the teams is secondary. ;-)  Personally meeting Mike, Heather
and all the eastern people that came to the finals helped put faces with
the posts and that makes the list even better. You don't realize how widely
the list is read until you attend a function like the playoffs and discover
that your posts are being forwarded to mailing lists at companies as well
as hockey-l.

College Hockey is a big family, and those fans that sit at the rink
bickering, arguing and fighting with opposing fans rather than
exchanging ideas with them are really missing out.

Here's looking forward to another great hockey-l season.  Already I know
I'll see Erik, Paula and company up here for MTU's winter Carnival. And
I expect to see Steve a few times again this season.  And as always, I'll
do my part to make our visitors feel welcome. If you plan on coming to Houghton
this season make sure to yell at me so we can get together.

Once again thanks to Hockey-l, Mike and Wayne for a job well done! ;-)

Baseball, whats that?

Bob Gilreath
MTU Blueline Club member (alumin yell at me for info on joining)
MTU Huskies Club Board Member (alumni again yell for info)
Telecommunication Engineer
CTS MTU