From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 7 Sep 1994 18:44:59 -0400
Charlie Shub writes:
>Institution competed in 36 rather than 34 contests, and the
>institution's foreign tour did not take place during a vacation period
>published in its catalog.  The tour did take place during a "stated"
>vacation period.
>NCAA reduced the number of contests by two for the 95-96 academic
>year

I think I know who this is but I don't want to say since I have it
down to two possibilities.  Both schools played a total of 36 regular
season games last season, including exhibitions.  Both made trips to
Canada during the fall semester and played two games against Canadian
teams while there.  One school's trip was in late October, while the
other's was over Thanksgiving.

I am tempted to think it is the school that traveled to Canada in
October, because Team B hosted a legitimate exhibition game vs a
Canadian team to open the season which would have meant they were
really only over the limit by one illegal game (and so wouldn't have
to play two fewer games in 95-96, I'd think).  But I cannot know for
sure.  If anyone has any thoughts, feel free to pass them on via
email.  I'm not going to get anyone angry at me by posting that it was
so-and-so without knowing for sure.  But the full schedules are and
have been available to anyone, so it is rather easy to deduce who it
could have been with a little knowledge of the rules.

BTW, both schools are in Hockey East.
<<<<< Color Voice of the Merrimack Warriors (station TBA for 94-95) >>>>>