From:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Sep 1994 11:02:54 EDT
>Does anyone know the E-Mail address of the NHL News? Someone have sent out for
>the individual team like Boston Bruins and I couldn't find it. Thanks.

   We might as well start the season off right: :-) NHL articles are not
   welcome on HOCKEY-L.  If you have a question or some information
   about the NHL, please don't use this discussion list.  We don't have
   anything against pro hockey, it's just that keeping this list focused
   on college (ice) hockey will make it most rewarding to all.  Thank
   you.  (You will, from time to time, see articles apparently about the
   NHL or AHL or whatever, but they will always have a college hockey
   slant).

There is lots of NHL information available on the network.  Most
discussions about the NHL take place on the newsgroup "rec.sport.hockey"
(RSH).  You need a news reader and a news feed/server to listen or
participate.  Contact your system administrator for help in accessing
newsgroups.  RSH has a great Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
collection.  It tells more than you wanted to know about all (adult)
levels of hockey, including information on many team and minor league
mailing lists.

To make it easy for you all to get the RSH FAQ, we've placed it into the
HOCKEY-L archives.  To obtain it, send mail to [log in to unmask]
and in the body enter

   GET RSH1 FAQ
   GET RSH2 FAQ

If your mail program has smallish limits to the size of a mail file it
can handle, get each of the two pieces in separate requests.

Yours in college hockey,

Wayne Smith
The College Hockey Discussion List administrator
Systems Group - CAPS              BITNET/CREN:  wts@maine
University of Maine System        internet:     [log in to unmask]

LISTSERV Gem: HOCKEY-L FILELIST
Use the GET HOCKEY-L FILELIST command to obtain a listing of all
available HOCKEY-L related files, including standings, schedules, team
info, back postings and more.

For more information, send the command HELP to [log in to unmask]