From:
Dave Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Sep 1994 11:29:49 EDT
One more point that I forgot to mention about UMass-Lowell's YoungStars
program (the one that covers admission to games, sweatshirts, and clinics...)
is that the application form is titled "Letter of Intent".   This may go
over a lot of people's heads, but I think it's neat having a nine-year old
signing a Letter of Intent with UML.  :-)

I picked up The Sporting News Hockey Preview which is almost exclusively
for pro hockey.  It does however list each college and their returning
players and recruits along with their Top 20 predictions.  After seeing their
Top 20, though, I figured they'd better stick to the pros.  Although they made
no-brainers with BU and the Lakers #1 and #2, they listed UMass-Lowell either
7th or 8th.  All I've got to say is that if UML finishes that high after all
their senior graduations and major question marks in goal, I'll be in my
glory and Bruce Crowder will be a candidate for sainthood, having at least
gotten past the "perform a miracle" requirement.

If people want to scream for me to type in the Top 20, I'll do it but from
the first glance it doesn't seem worth the effort.

DaveH