From:
"Ritari, Randy" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ritari, Randy
Date:
Thu, 1 Sep 1994 12:50:03 EDT
--------------------------- Original Message ---------------------------

> At Northern Michigan University, the season ticket prices for students
> are $4/Game or $76.00/Season Package.  I think that the price is a
> little steep considering that the price for students three years ago was
> only $25.00/Season Package, in three years the price of the tickets have
> increased by $50.00! The students at Michigan Tech I think only pay
> $35.00-$50.00 per year for their Season Hockey Tickets.  Why such a
> difference???

  MTU's student prices are $55.00 for season tickets.  As to why such a
difference, I would have to say availability of seats.  MTU is a University
owned rink and has (in my opinion more student seating than NMU) while Lakeview
is city owned, and has a good season ticket base of local people.  It has
been tough to get a ticket at NMU sometimes, cause they are sold out, but when
you get there (thanks to a few friends with tickets at NMU)  there are generally

There's also the law of supply and demand.  NMU has been at or near the top
of college hockey for a while, interest builds, rink fills.  MTU  went thru some
leaner years and attendence was down.  It has been climbing back lately as
the teams have improved.  OUr season ticket packages are now at $120.00
I have four seats for a family of five which costs me $480.00 per year,
but when compared to a per night of taking a family of 5 out, MTU Hockey
is a great bargin. Plus the bonus of the fact that I love Hockey! ;-)

See ya at Northern on Nov 5th, If your coming over on the 4th let us know
we usually go out before the game for dinner with some other NMU people.

Bob